Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oct 9 - Post-Study System Usability Questionnaire (PSSUQ) - Lewis of IBM

The Post-Study System Usability Questionnaire (PSSUQ)

Administration and Scoring.
Give the PSSUQ to participants after they have completed all the scenarios in a usability study.
You can calculate four scores from the responses to the PSSUQ items:
* the overall satisfaction score (OVERALL),
* system usefulness (SYSUSE),
* information quality (INFOQUAL) and
* interface quality (INTERQUAL).
Because research on an alternative form of the PSSUQ (the Computer System Usability Questionnaire, or CSUQ) confirmed and clarified (and slightly modified) the factor structure of the questionnaire, refer to Appendix Table 1 in the next section of this appendix for the current scoring rules of the PSSUQ.

Instructions and Items.
The questionnaire's instructions and items are:
This questionnaire, which starts on the following page, gives you an opportunity to tell us your reactions to the system you used. Your responses will help us understand what aspects of the system you are particularly concerned about and the aspects that satisfy you.
To as great a degree as possible, think about all the tasks that you have done with the system while you answer these questions.
Please read each statement and indicate how strongly you agree or disagree with the statement by circling a number on the scale. If a statement does not apply to you, circle N/A.
Please write comments to elaborate on your answers.
After you have completed this questionnaire, I'll go over your answers with you to make sure I
understand all of your responses.
Thank you!

Likert scale
1 = strongly agree
2
3
4
5
6
7 = strongly disagree


1. Overall, I am satisfied with how easy it is to use this system.

2. It was simple to use this system.

3. I could effectively complete the tasks and scenarios using this system.

4. I was able to complete the tasks and scenarios quickly using this system.

5. I was able to efficiently complete the tasks and scenarios using this system.

6. I felt comfortable using this system.

7. It was easy to learn to use this system.

8. I believe I could become productive quickly using this system.

9. The system gave error messages that clearly told me how to fix problems.

10. Whenever I made a mistake using the system, I could recover easily and quickly.

11. The information (such as on-line help, on-screen messages and other documentation)
provided with this system was clear.

12. It was easy to find the information I needed.

13. The information provided for the system was easy to understand.

14. The information was effective in helping me complete the tasks and scenarios.

15. The organization of information on the system screens was clear.

Note: The interface includes those items that you use to interact with the system. For example, some components of the interface are the keyboard, the mouse, the screens (including their use of graphics and language).

16. The interface of this system was pleasant.

17. I liked using the interface of this system.

18. This system has all the functions and capabilities I expect it to have.

19. Overall, I am satisfied with this system.

Appendix Table 1. Rules for Calculating CSUQ/PSSUQ Scores
_____________________________________________________________________________
Score Name > Average the Responses to:
_____________________________________________________________________________
OVERALL > Items 1 through 19
SYSUSE > Items 1 through 8
INFOQUAL > Items 9 through 15
INTERQUAL > Items 16 through 18
_____________________________________________________________________________


IBM Computer Usability Satisfaction Questionnaires:
Psychometric Evaluation and Instructions for Use
Technical Report 54.786
James R. Lewis
Human Factors Group
Boca Raton, FL

Source: http://drjim.0catch.com/usabqtr.pdf

7 comments:

  1. Hi. May I have any source or reference of PSSUQ? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. can you tell me the superiority of pssuq than any other method ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To whom can I get permission to use PSSUQ for my research? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I get permission to use PSSUQ for my doctoral study project?

    ReplyDelete