Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oct 9 - Computer System Usability Questionnaire (CSUQ)

Computer System Usability Questionnaire (CSUQ)

Administration and Scoring.
Use the CSUQ rather than the PSSUQ when the
usability study is in a non-laboratory setting. Appendix Table 1 contains the rules for
calculating the CSUQ and PSSUQ scores.
_____________________________________________________________________________
Appendix Table 1. Rules for Calculating CSUQ/PSSUQ Scores
_____________________________________________________________________________
Score Name > Average the Responses to:
_____________________________________________________________________________
OVERALL > Items 1 through 19
SYSUSE > Items 1 through 8
INFOQUAL > Items 9 through 15
INTERQUAL > Items 16 through 18
_____________________________________________________________________________
Average the scores from the appropriate items to obtain the scale and subscale
scores. Low scores are better than high scores due to the anchors used in the 7-point
scales. If a participant does not answer an item or marks "N/A," then average the
remaining item scores.

Instructions and Items.
The questionnaire's instructions and items are:
This questionnaire (which starts on the following page) gives you an opportunity to express your satisfaction with the usability of your primary computer system. Your responses will help us understand what aspects of the system you are particularly concerned about and the aspects that satisfy you.
To as great a degree as possible, think about all the tasks that you have done with the system while you answer these questions.
Please read each statement and indicate how strongly you agree or disagree with the statement by circling a number on the scale. If a statement does not apply to you, circle N/A.
Whenever it is appropriate, please write comments to explain your answers.
Thank you!

Likert scale:
1 = strongly agree
2
3
4
5
6
7 = strongly disagree


1. Overall, I am satisfied with how easy it is to use this system.

2. It is simple to use this system.

3. I can effectively complete my work using this system.

4. I am able to complete my work quickly using this system.

5. I am able to efficiently complete my work using this system.

6. I feel comfortable using this system.

7. It was easy to learn to use this system.

8. I believe I became productive quickly using this system.

9. The system gives error messages that clearly tell me how to fix problems.

10. Whenever I make a mistake using the system, I recover easily and quickly.

11. The information (such as on-line help, on-screen messages and other documentation) provided with this system is clear.

12. It is easy to find the information I need.

13. The information provided with the system is easy to understand.

14. The information is effective in helping me complete my work.

15. The organization of information on the system screens is clear.

Note: The interface includes those items that you use to interact with the system. For example, some components of the interface are the keyboard, the mouse, the screens (including their use of graphics and language).

16. The interface of this system is pleasant.

17. I like using the interface of this system.

18. This system has all the functions and capabilities I expect it to have.

19. Overall, I am satisfied with this system.



IBM Computer Usability Satisfaction Questionnaires: Psychometric Evaluation and Instructions for Use
Technical Report 54.786
James R. Lewis
Human Factors Group
Boca Raton, FL

Source: http://drjim.0catch.com/usabqtr.pdf

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mr. Lion I want to ask if you not mind. I have some research to measure ux in my web-based application using CSUQ but I don't know how to analyze this data. I have been collected data from respondent. Do you have a formula to calculate this data? or what solution can you provide for me to analyzing this thing. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete