Sunday, November 14, 2010

d'Day 19 Nov 2010 Proposal/Work Defense Seminar

19 Nov 2010 - confirmed - Proposal/Work Defense Seminar

Mixed feelings.

HAPPY that finally the Proposal/Work Defense seminar is on.

ANXIOUS that some of them may want me to:
1) Change topic or title.
2) Change my research direction.
3) Change my planned Studies/Research.
4) Add studies/research which are not directly related to my intended Research.

Also ANXIOUS that they decline me to proceed with my Research.

Some may want me to reduce on Usability and increase on Learning. But this will impact on my intended Research. My effort for the last 1 year will be wasted.

FEAR, ANXIETY, Gladness and Confidence. Rojak feeling...
:)
:(

In reaction to implied requirements (from Invisible Forces), I have immediately revised my presentation slides:
1) to add more about Mobile Learning, i.e. add Characteristics of Mobile Learning - 2 slides, and add schematic on many areas of Mobile Learning researched,
2) to reduce emphasis on Usability Criteria and UET by removing underlining, and reduce font size @ Literature Review slide,
3) to remove 2 slides on researches related to usability evaluation.

I just need to be COURAGEOUS to defend my intended Research!
It has been more than a year since I prepared the PhD Research Proposal; 13 months since I registered as PhD student. I must be strong.

God, give me the wisdom to present. Guide me to say the right words. Enlighten and empower me to convince the Interested Party / Research Committee so as to approve me to proceed with my Research.

No comments:

Post a Comment