Monday, August 3, 2009

Recalling history of my Masters...

July 2004 - Became the Club Secretary. DG of the year was Phillip Ooi.

Jan 2005 - Enrolled into MMU for Master of Multimedia (e-Learning Technologies).
Supposed to be 4 trimesters coursework, 2 trimesters project dissertation. Completion within 2 years (i.e. 6 trimesters).
March 2005 - Elected as Club President for fiscal year of 2005/2006. (Not long after that JC started a backstabbing campaign on me.)

July 2005 - Started as the President of Lions Club of Serdang. DG of the year was Woon Fong Piew. Started my club e-bulletin; I was the first to start e-bulletin in LCI District 308-B2. My passion in Lionism started to grow more.
Dec 2005 - Completed all my coursework ahead of time (by 1 trimester).

Jan 2006 - Started my project dissertation with Tengku Putri Norishah as supervisor. (JC's backstabbing campaign was still on.) Business was seeing starting to decline.
Feb 2006 - Got to know KKW as he came to campaign. KKW has known RP for some time; so discussed campaign strategy till late night together with RP.
Mar 2006 - OCS told me that I would be the future Leader of the Lions movement.
Mar-May 2006 - Business decline was obvious. I lost my 2 most important clients. Ramlan put restriction on training. My staff...Azhar, Naza and Lina, resigned one after another. Felt very depressed. My interest in MeL Project dissertation became distracted.
Mar 2006 - Hot issue was bidding of convention organising; I (and many other Selangor Lions was behind PC's bid.)
April 2006 - At the convention in Singapore, KKW won as VDG Elect and PC won the bid to be the COCC for convention 2007 at Sunway.
Jun 2006 - AP joined....She, a jovious girl, has been able to make me smile (and remain positive) despite the declining business.

July 2006 - I started as the Zone Chairperson, my first time in Cabinet. DG of the year was Khoo Kay Huat. Got to know CKL when he brought AP and I to duck drumstick wantan mee. CKL was very nice to us.
July/Aug 2006 - COCC was started. PC was looking for Secretary; JC volunteered to be Secretary; RP recommended me to PC as Secretary. Eventually, PC appointed me as Secretary. (mmm...another sore point for JC.)
Sep/Nov 2006 - Passion in Lionism grew to high state; had secretly desired to become the DG in the future. I think I had become totally distracted; I more or less forgot my MeL Project dissertation.
Dec 2006 - Started to really want to go to the Apex. Started to attend Lions functions outside of Selangor. Often went together with CKL; friendship with CKL also grew.

Feb 2007 - Started to campaign for KS. On KKW's instruction, I went to negotiate with PC and BO to avoid 3-corner fight...indirectly, giving way to AL and KS to have a 2-corner contest. BO started to dislike me...and teamed up with JC.
Apr 2007 - Alan Soo withdrew as Banquet Chairperson. This also increased BO's anger with my Club (and included me).
Apr 2007 - At the Convention, every COC member was busy; tempers flared. AP was upset because somebody scolded her.
May 2007 - KKW offered me to RC....but..Selangor had 2 RC, Perak had 2 RC, Penang had 3 RC, Kedah & Perlis 1 RC.
end May 2007 - AP resigned. After AP left, CKL became cold with me. CKL had been very nice to AP. It was double blow to me, losing a good staff and a good friend.

July 2007 - I started as Region Chairperson. DG of the year was KKW.
July-Sep 2007 - I travelled extensively to participate in Installations. My interest in contesting for VDG had become obvious.
Aug-Sep 2007 - Other VDG aspirants were CKL, KHP, HH, and to a lesser extent, AN. AL expressed that he was not interested to enter the contest for 3rd time.
Oct/Nov 2007 - I was adviced by several to back down....JQ, Ahia L, DFWK's son, DJC. KS was backing me, KKW was backing CKL...as mentioned by PC. I offered CKL to give way to him, he being the elder brother.
Nov/Dec 2007 - I made the final decision...NOT to enter the VDG contest, and help my wife in political pre-campaign.

Feb 2008 - Big DOWN! My wife was not chosen as a Candidate. SCC nearing the election, said that this was not a bad thing. This was the start of my depression.
Mar 8, 2008 - the General Election. BN Candidates lost very significantly in WP and 5 States.

July 2008 - I started as DC Leadership Development. DG of the year was KS.
Aug 2008 - I attended the KMC Graduates Reunion Dinner. My interest in MeL and Project dissertation revived!
Aug 2008 - Met Prof Wood, Tengku Putri. Resumed my Project dissertation...on fast pace.
End Oct 2008 - Submitted my MeL Project dissertation to Tengku Putri...hoping I could graduate soon.

Jan 2009 - Checked. Results not out yet. Azira informed that my Project had been marked but not yet vetted by BOE. Next BOE was in Feb 2009...apparently would only graduate the following trimester.
Feb 2009 - I was encouraged to be 1VDG Candidate...by DFWK, KKW, TMT, etc. I approached President / Club for endorsement. I was declined. I became devastated.
Feb-Apr 2009 - Many Lions expressed their shock that I was not entering the 1VDG/2VDG contest. They had wanted me to go in.
May/June 2009 - Checked several times. Result was to be out in early July 2009.
July 2009 - Result was out: I had graduated. I score A (4 flat) for my 10-credit Project. My CGPA was 3.97.
July 22, 2009 - With encouragement from my beloved wife, I became interested to pursue for PhD.
July 24, 2009 - Confirmed that I really want to do PhD! I also confirmed to postpone any desire to run for 2VDG.
Aug 1/2, 2009 - DG Inauguration / 1st Cabinet Meeting. More Lions come to know of my intention not to go for 2VDG for the next 2 years.
Aug 3 - YES! I will seek Knowledge, instead offering myself to two thousand Lions as their Leader. PhD for my Self-Satisfaction, Sense of Achievement and Self-Realisation!

1 comment:

  1. Your story was amazing! I never thought an MA journey can have different kind of emotion with it. And I think it would be a big thesis help to know what kind of things are you getting into. Anyway, how are you now? What happened after completing your MA?

    ReplyDelete