Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 29 - Dr Tonya Smith-Jackson...search Usability dissertations

After reading PhD dissertations of Ryu, Hu and Capra, I somehow feel that those at Virginia State University doing Industrial & Systems Engineering....
1) had done their research in a planned, orderly and systematic manner;
2) knew where they were heading and were quite focused;
3) had clearly defined & synergistic research objectives, phases, research questions, hypothesis, and approach/research method.
They have a common Advisor who is Dr Tonya Smith-Jackson.

Hence, this morning, I search and download Usability dissertations whereby Smith-Jackson is one of the Committee.

Although my intention is to get PhD dissertations, I have also downloaded MSc dissertations too.....since all these would similarly provide some inputs/reference. So far I have 5 PhD dissertations, i.e. Mooney, Greenville, Stevens, Lee and Martin.

When I am free, I will be browsing/reading through these dissertation. Now, I think by reading other people's PhD dissertation, this will help me in doing mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment