Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 25 - PhD Proposal - Research Planning & Research Questions

Today, at a hotel in Genting Highlands, at 6 am, I managed to draft out on pieces of A4 paper...my Research Questions, my Research Mind Map, and my Research Planning which in the form of flowchart containing processes (in boxes) with description of activities for specific processes.
So, it was a fruitful 2 hours....putting on my thinking cap....while my "brothers" Tung Mun Tat and Khoo Koon Wah were sleeping.

When I reached home at about 2pm, I quickly wrote down everything formally using PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
The output was:
1) PhD Proposal: Research Questions, Contribution to Knowledge, Objectives & Deliverables. [doc, pdf]
2) PdD Proposal: Research Planning (containing Flowchart with processes, timeline, activities). [ppt, pdf]
3) PhD Proposal: Gantt Chart (showing proposed Research Schedule). [xls, pdf]

At night, I emailed to Dr Koo Ah Choo (hopefully, she will be my Supervisor) the 3 files.

Later in the night, I added more stuff to my draft PhD Propsal...which is now Draft 2. Had just included the output of today into the PhD Proposal Draft 2 [doc].

No comments:

Post a Comment