Friday, September 11, 2009

Plan for Sep 14-19: Jakob Nielsen on Usability Evaluation Methods

This week Sep 7-12, I have focused my reading on Usability Evaluation Method.

In short,
Usability Evaluation Method could be categorised into:
a) Usability Inspection,
b) Usability Testing,
c) Usability Inquiry.

2 most popular types of Usability Inspection are:
i) Heuristic Evaluation,
ii) Cognitve Walkthrough.

For Heuristic Evaluation, usability criteria (also known as heuristics, usability principles, usability guidelines) are used by double expert, expert or novice evaluators to evaluate usability.

Next week Sep 14-19, I plan to read (literature review) on Usability Evaluation Method as published by Jakob Nielsen or he together with other Researchers.

Jakob Nielsen is quoted by many as Father of Usability, or Father of Web Usability. He is very famous for usability inspection particularly the heuristic evaluation.

For that reason, I intend to read his works again. I read a lot of Jakob Nielsen's when I was doing literature review for my Master's Project dissertation. Many research papers, journal papers, Master and PhD dissertations do contain reference to Nielsen's papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment